- Are you fascinated by how the human body works?
- Do you enjoy studying the sciences?
- Do you like helping people?
- Do you enjoy talking to people?
- Do you want a career that may offer job security?
- Do you want a career that offers travel opportunities?
A career in health offers many benefits.
Did you know that employment in the healthcare and social assistance industry has increased by 445,600 jobs (or 51.5%) in the last 10 years! Healthcare and social assistance is the largest employing industry in Australia, employing more than 1.3 million people (or 11.5% of the total workforce). So the opportunities are endless. And future employment growth is expected to increase further as our population ages and developments in medical technology expand healthcare options.
In addition to the extra demand for workers, Australia continues to experience a shortage of skilled workers in the health sector, in particular: nurses, midwives, medical diagnostic radiographers and physiotherapists, clinical psychologists and general medical practitioners.
Where can you work?
- Medical centres
- Private clinics
- Residential care
- And more...